Site Reliability Engineer II
Shift7 Digital Managed Services is actively seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Application Support and Operations team. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining both open source and commercial (COTS) content management systems, as well as, system architecture, in Shift7 Digital's AWS based cloud infrastructure.
The Managed Services team builds scalable client solutions on Linux and Windows that are consistently monitored, automated, and exhibit high reliability. This is a hands-on position that will have direct influence on internal and client success.
- Install and configure system services, with a focus on automation and repeatability
- Setup POC, development, QA and production environments.
- Build and develop cloud infrastructure automation scripts, and tooling
- Setup, manage and update both systems, and application performance monitoring tools
- Troubleshoot Web, CMS, server and network issues
- Proactive, professional and frequent client communication.
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years Windows & Linux
- 5+ years Apache
- 5+ years supporting production web sites or online applications
- Solid understanding of RDBMS technologies
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and general networking
- Proven experience with one or more CMS platforms (commercial or open source)
- Demonstrable experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience working in an agile / devops environment
- Some experience in Windows / IIS
- Experience with Hybris, AEM, Sitecore or Hippo
- Experience with Bamboo, Ant, Maven
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider
- Experience with e-commerce sites or solutions